Take part in an iconic 6-day ride through gorgeous Banff National Park and the foothills of Southern Alberta on the year of Canada’s 150th birthday! This year’s Cancervive Cycle Tour charity bike ride is set for September 12-17, 2017. Perfect timing on our part: National Geographic named Banff, Alberta as one of the best places to visit in 2017.
We have room for 40 riders for the full Tour and many mores space for the last day ‘Mini Tour’ ride on September 17th. Scroll down for daily route maps and for a map of the overall route.
There are several ways to get involved:
- Full ‘Cancervive Cycle Tour’ Riders (both Calgary and Edmonton): $3,000.00 fundraising minimum, plus a silent auction item contribution (minimum $100.00 value) for our Annual Fundraising Party to be held Fall 2017.
- Ride Volunteers: $100.00.
- Virtual Riders: $100.00 (set up a donation page, follow the ride online, participate in all related events).
- Last Day ‘Mini Tour’ Riders: $100.00 (Options: On September 17th, ride from Cochrane to Calgary (~40km) or from Shouldice Park to Wellspring Carma House (2km)).
- Last Day ‘Mini Tour’ Riders who are Wellspring Members or 18 years and and under: Free.
First time riding with Cancervive? It may seem a bit daunting in terms of distance and time! We’ll help with training schedules, group rides, bike and accessories recommendations, and nutritional advice. We have support vans along the entire ride. You have the option of riding partial days or skipping a day if you need time out of the saddle. We’ll also have the veteran riders pair up with first time riders for partial days to help build community and confidence and to ensure everyone is having a great time. We want the Tour to be a success for everyone.